Sponsor Siblings: Unlock Siblings’ American Dream

Do you want to make your brother and sister’s American dream come true? Read our guide on how you can sponsor siblings as a US citizen!

Our team is committed to assisting individuals like you in achieving your US immigration goals. In this blog post, we'll explore how you can sponsor siblings to immigrate to the United States. We’ll also discuss the essential factors to consider during this process, including the I-130 sibling Green Card processing time

Sponsorship Privilege for US Citizens

As a US citizen, you have a unique advantage that permanent residents don't have – you can sponsor your brothers and sisters. This is a valid reason if you're currently a permanent resident who’s contemplating applying to become a US citizen. You can only file the petition for brothers and sisters with an immigration lawyer once you’re a US citizen and 21 years or older. 

Don’t Miss the Chance

Sponsoring your siblings is a significant opportunity. However, immigration lawyers will tell you to manage your expectations regarding processing times. The waiting period for a sibling's Green Card can be quite long, ranging from 10 to 15 years or even more. 

A lawyer will inform you that approvals take longer when you petition for siblings from certain countries, such as Mexico, the Philippines, China, and India, due to specific regulations. However, despite the long timeline, don't be disheartened and miss this chance to get immigration law services.

Pursue the Sibling Visa (Retirement Visa)

Due to the extended I-130 sibling Green Card processing time, the sibling visa is sometimes humorously called by immigration law services as the "Retirement Visa."

Although the wait may seem daunting, focus on the future possibilities it offers. By taking action and filing the visa petition for your siblings now with the help of US immigration lawyers, you provide them with the potential to pursue their American dreams in the future.

The I-130 Petition: How to Bring Your Brother or Sister to the US

We listed a quick overview of how you (as a US citizen) can bring your brother or sister to the United States.

Assisting a sibling to come to the United States involves a series of steps that can be intricate and time-consuming. However, it is entirely possible through the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. If you meet the eligibility criteria for filing this petition, you and your sibling will need to follow these steps:

Step 1:

Start by submitting an I-130 petition.

Step 2:

Await approval, which may require some patience.

Step 3:

Wait for a visa to become available, often referred to as the "priority date becoming current." If you're already in the US, you may have the opportunity to apply for an adjustment of status while also filing a visa application with the National Visa Center (NVC).

Step 4:

If applying from abroad, an interview at a US embassy or consulate will be required. For those pursuing an adjustment of status, this interview will take place in the US.

Step 5:

When applying from your home country, once your sibling enters the US after visa approval, they will become a lawful permanent resident.

Seek Help and Info From a US Immigration Lawyer

It's important to note that this process may not always be straightforward. Seeking guidance from a lawyer who specializes in US immigration can provide invaluable lawyer assistance in navigating these steps. 

Our team has the lawyer assistance to support you throughout the entire journey. Our firm is always up to date with the ever-changing laws. We’ll ensure that your I-130 sibling Green Card process follows the immigration regulations in the US.

Sponsor Siblings: Complying With Immigration Regulations

During the visa petition process, it's vital to understand that your siblings cannot legally stay in the US. Immigration regulations require them to wait in their home country during this period. While there are various temporary visa options to explore, they must maintain legal status.

Consulting Goldstein Immigration Lawyers in Los Angeles or Boston will help you avoid issues with the application.

Reach Out to and Get Law Services

You may wonder if your siblings will still want to move to the US after such a long wait. Always keep in mind circumstances can change, and the future remains uncertain. By submitting the paperwork now with Goldstein Immigration Lawyers in Los Angeles or Boston, you give your siblings the right and flexibility to make that decision when the time comes.

If you have any questions or need guidance on the I-130 sibling Green Card application process, please feel free to Tell Us About Your Case. Our team is here to assist you in achieving all your long-term goals. Together, we can navigate the path to a successful Green Card application for your siblings!

Posted in: