Category Archives: Visitor’s Visa

Stuck in the U.S. because of the Icelandic volcano? What to do if your immigration status is expiring

As an immigration lawyer in Boston, my office has been inundated with calls from Europeans and others who can't return home because the Icelandic volcano has disrupted air travel or caused airport closure. If you are in the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and can't leave in a timely manner and are in danger of overstaying because of the volcano, here's what you can do: go in person to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office located in Terminal E at Boston Logan International Airport; or make an INFOPASS appointment to speak with an immigration officer at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Boston District Office. USCIS and CBP have trained their staff on how to handle visa waiver cases like these. How do you extend your stay if you are in the U.S. under a visa? READ MORE

Why you might not be allowed to enter the US even if you have a visitor visa

Did you know that a visitor visa doesn't guarantee you the right to enter the U.S. as a visitor? If you want to come to the U.S. as a visitor (and you are not subject to the visa waiver program), simply go to a U.S. Consulate abroad and apply. Keep in mind that the Consulate will presume that you, as a visitor visa applicant, are actually planning to immigrate to the U.S. So, the only way you will be able to persuade the Consulate to grant your visitor visa applicant, is to convince them that you are not going to immigrate to the U.S. and that you have every intention of returning to your home country when your trip ends. READ MORE

Goldstein Immigration Lawyers

Goldstein Immigration Lawyers N/a
Goldstein Immigration Lawyers 6 Beacon st. #220 BOSTON Boston MA 02108 (617) 415-4553